Glenalbyn Swimming Pool
Glenalbyn Swimming Pool closed suddenly in 2013. Since then I have been campaigning for its re-opening. Since my election in 2014, I have helped organise a number of well-attended public meetings about the pool and have continued to highlight its importance and a local public amenity. Over the last five years, I have also raised the issue in the form of motions and questions on Council and Local Area Committee meeting agendas.
Click on the links below to find out more.
- Kilmacud Crokes urged to engage with council again “as soon as possible”
- Council ‘committed’ to Glenalbyn swimming pool
- Mixed reaction as long-running Glenalbyn Swimming Pool saga continues
- Controversy as Glenalbyn Swimming Pool saga continues
- Public Meeting about Glenalbyn Swimming Pool
- Mixed reactions over Glenalbyn pool news
- Locals pool demands for amenity to be reopened
- Glenalbyn pool issue still bubbling away for locals
- Removal of pool roof infuriates residents